Thursday, February 9, 2012

Kathryn Aydelotte-UTexasMemes

Kathryn Aydelotte

Within the past week, I have noticed my newsfeed being flooded by a new Facebook page called "UTexas Memes."  This especially caught my attention because of our heavy focus on memes in the class.  After looking at a lot of them, I noticed that there are specific types of memes that keep getting repeated, such as the ones with the Willy Wonka guy and others with the "Y U No" Meme.  I felt that this really related to the class because it is full of memes (what we are studying) and especially because it is taking place on our campus.  All of the memes are talking about issues and things we notice everyday around UT.

https://www.facebook.com/UTexasMemes


2 comments:

  1. UTexas Memes are super cool!
    - Ben Rothenberg

    ReplyDelete
  2. Like you pointed out, I think this really connects to what we were talking about in class. UTexas memes are created everyday and it is really interesting to see the evolution of some of the memes. I also like UTexas memes because since they are university specific, some of them are easy to relate to and only UT students will understand or get the underlying meaning of some of them. I would imagine the these memes are going to last for some time since there are so many students here at UT and they can always create new and creative ones that cater specifically to our fellow Longhorns.

    -Hannah Araquil

    ReplyDelete